Education Law Solicitors & SEN Solicitors

At Sugaré & Co, we offer experienced SEN solicitorsin Leeds and the surrounding areas for parents with children with special educational needs, and for young people with SEN, who wish to appeal to the SEN Tribunal (SENDIST) against the decision of their Local Authority (LA). 

If you require advice from SEN lawyers regarding this complex area of law, please get in touch by using the contact form below or calling 0113 2446978.

Can I Appeal an SEN decision?

You may decide to appeal if your Local Authority (LA) has done one of the following:

  • Refused to conduct an Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment (EHC Assessment);
  • Refused to issue an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP/ EHC Plan) following an EHC Needs Assessment;
  • Has issued an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP/ EHC Plan), however you do not agree with the description of the special educational needs (Section B) or special educational provision (Section F) or the educational setting named in the plan (Section I)
  • Has refused to amend the Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP / EHC Plan following an Annual Review despite your disagreement with what it says. Please note: following each Annual Review you can appeal to the SEN Tribunal (SENDIST). 
  • Has decided to cease the Education, Health and Care Plan. 

Talk to Us

Sugaré & Co offers experienced SEN solicitors in Leeds and the surrounding areas and a Barrister with years of experience representing parents at SEN tribunals.  Please do not hesitate to contact us for a free consultation on 0113 2446978 should you require assistance with any of the matters raised on this website.